Faith Community Church
Denomination - Independent
Weekly Attendance - < 500
Location - Franklin, Wisconsin
Position - Worship Director
1. To reach, teach, and preach God's Love through Jesus Christ
2. Build community amount the followers of Christ through Worship and Exploration of his Word
3. To operate as an autonomous, independent, and congregational Church
To glorify our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, we humbly submit our efforts to teach and preach God's word, become a Spirit-filled community of faith, to uplift and support one another in God's name.
Formed as a Congregational Church, Faith Community Church has had a clear vision to be a growing community of faith in Franklin and to surrounding communities. We want to be a Church for all people who desire a Christian community where they can worship freely, connect to God, and feel welcomed and accepted.
About the Position:
The church is seeking a Worship Director to work under the leadership of our Pastor to guide and direct the worship team each Sunday. The Worship Director will select weekly congregational songs, schedule weekly rehearsals, and confirm that worship slides are appropriately prepared in advance. We are looking for a person who is versatile and creative. Willing to guide the church in new and engaging worship music.
Worship Director Responsibilities
• Schedule and direct the worship team each Sunday morning including warm-up. • Supervising paid musicians and serve as their primary point of contact.
• Plan, select music, and implement creative worship with the Pastor and worship team.
• Plan and organize weekly rehearsals with the worship team.
• Prep and confirm worship slides by working with the audio-visual team and communications specialist.
• Recruit, train and develop new worship leaders and musicians.
• Within one year of hire, assist the pastor in starting a second weekly worship service by recruiting musicians and song leaders.
• Submit budget needs annually. Direct the payments of all related expenses. • Promote the Church and its mission at all times.
• Meet with the pastor on a regular basis.
• Serve on the Worship and Music Committee and attend meetings of the Committee. Attend Church Board meetings periodically or when requested.
Expectations of the Worship Director
• The Worship Director is to be a spiritual leader for the worshiping community of the church, in conjunction with the Pastor.
• The Worship Director is to be the spiritual leader for the worship team.
• Cooperate with all staff, Choir Director, and musicians of the congregation so that music ministry is enhanced within the life of the church.
• Follow all copyright and license laws for performance and congregational music. • Willing to consider membership in the church.
• Be in agreement with our congregation’s mission statement without exception.
• Promote the full participation of all persons regardless of age, physical condition,
race, gender, sexual orientation, or class.
• The Worship Director shall seek professional relationships with other church musicians and keep abreast of developments in worship and liturgy through associations, continuing education, and professional church publications.
• An annual performance affirmation will be done with the Pastor.
• Dedicated Christian and a contagious love for God and for the Church.
•Ability to play at least one or more instruments and lead with strong vocal ability.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Ability to work well with and train volunteer musicians.
• Ability to inspire volunteer musicians to perform with excellence.
• Ability to broaden the church knowledge of worship traditions.
• Knowledge of worship tradition and understanding of the church.
• Experience as a "team player" in a church setting working with staff, musicians, and volunteers.
A little bit about Franklin, Wisconsin
Franklin is a growing suburban community, in southwestern Milwaukee County, Franklin provides a strategic business location within easy driving distance of Milwaukee to the north, Chicago to the south, and Madison to the west.
Recognized among the Top 100 "Best Places to Live" by Money Magazine (August 2011 and August 2007), Franklin is the largest city in Wisconsin to attain more than a 10% population growth since the 2000 census. Franklin also has the highest growth rate of all cities in Southeastern Wisconsin with more than 20,000 population.
Franklin is well-positioned less than ten minutes from General Mitchell International Airport, serving 9.8 million passengers per year. Franklin also benefits from a superb highway transportation network, including four freeway interchanges from I-94, running parallel to the City's eastern boundary.
Franklin offers excellent local schools, both public and private, with average test scores that well exceed state and national averages. Many graduates of Franklin High School continue their education at 18 nearby colleges and universities.